Camp Staff Coach
How to apply
As a Camp Staff Coach you will be responsible for 10-12 kids throughout the duration of a soccer camp. You will oversee the coaching of a group during morning (and afternoon sessions if it is a full day camp). Additionally, you will have small group talks, choose a camper of the week, and be expected to write an end of the week recap for each player at select camps (1-3 sentences).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check-in and check-out each player in your group with parent or guardian.
- Follow the Lead Coach’s session and focus on development of your small group.
- Assist Lead Coach and Camp Director in the setup and take down of equipment each day.
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
- Discuss the word of the day and how it pertains to soccer, life, and everything in between.
- Keep tabs on players and personalize an end of week note to each player.
- Proven self-starter, independent, energetic, and well organized.
- Current of former college student, preferably pursuing or with a degree in sport management or another closely related field (soccer background preferred).
- Willingness to engage players and coaches and step out of comfort zone.
- Flexibility in schedule to arrive early and stay late, when needed.
- Experience coaching soccer (can be camp coaching specific or general coaching).
- Outgoing, with the ability to effectively interact with managers, co-workers, partners, fans, and the general public.
- Ability to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to set up cones for exercises is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to pass a SafeSport Background check through Indiana Soccer