How to apply
The Frederick Keys are a founding member of the newly organized MLB Draft League. Frederick is a market of 250,000 people that sists about 45 min from both Baltimore and Washington D.C. We are seeking a highly motivated and dedicated professional to partner with our team moving towards the 2021 baseball season at Nymeo Field at Harry Grove Stadium.
This position would report to the Director of Marketing and work closely with the Marketing and Creative Services Manager. This paid internship will give you the opportunity to “run the show”. We are looking for someone passionate about the industry and ready to hit the ground running. When you create graphics, highlights, and hype videos, along with helping run our press box for the Frederick Keys games you contribute to our 32 year legacy.
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Type of Employment: Paid Internship
Start date: April 2021
Compensation: $1250/month stipend
- Create all promotional materials including but not limited to graphics for print and web, fliers for promotional use, registration forms and informational sheets for Groups and Sponsorship Departments
- Work as Video Board Director during all Keys home games and help supervise camera operator staff
- Record and log footage from all Frederick Keys games
- Load and organize TriCaster for each night’s game
- Compile game footage from previous nights to create Keys highlight reels
- Create content for Keys GameDay Magazine
- Lead organizer of The Keys website
- Represent team by participating in various community events
- Write editorial content for the Keys GameDay Magazine
- Create and post home game stories, editorial, and other information on keys website
- Be an active contributor to the Keys Marketing team, cultivating and implementing ideas, promotions and programs, as a way to grow the Keys brand as a whole
- Assist in leading the marketing and broadcasting assistant, along with seasonal interns and gameday staff
- All other duties assigned by Director of Marketing and General Manager
Game Day Responsibilities
- Record and log footage of all Frederick Keys games.
- Load and Organize TriCaster for each night’s game.
- Assist Promotions Manager and Director of Marketing with execution of game night activities and special themed events.
- Work as Director during all Keys home games and help supervise camera operator staff.
Non-Game Day Responsibilities
- Compile game footage from previous nights to create Keys highlight reels.
- Create stills and videos for in-game use.
- Take an initiative in creating multimedia material for the Frederick Keys website, as well as a variety of social networking sites.
- Additional roles as assigned.
- Degree from a 4-year program (or a current Junior/Senior)
- Sports marketing/ journalism/ broadcasting background highly preferred
- Individual must be energetic, enthusiastic, and a dedicated team player
- Individual must handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and achieve objectives
- Ability to work event nights, weekends, and holidays as required
- Must have a can-do attitude
- Must possess organization skills
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have TriCaster experience
- Must have experience working in/ and or running a press box at the college level
- Previous experience using Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects
- Previous experience operating a camera
- Expertise in standard graphic design and video editing applications
- Must be a team player and willing to help out in all areas of the business