Staff Accountant-ASM Global – Allegiant Stadium
How to apply
ASM Global is the world’s leading venue management and services company. The company was formed by the combination of AEG Facilities and SMG, global leaders in venue, event strategy, and management. The company’s elite venue network spans five continents, with a portfolio of more than 300 of the world’s most prestigious arenas, stadiums, convention and exhibition centers, and performing arts venues. From Aberdeen to Anchorage, and Sydney to Stockholm, its venues connect people through the unique power of live experiences.
Allegiant Stadium, located in Las Vegas, NV, will be the future home of the Las Vegas Raiders of the National Football League and the UNLV Rebels of the NCAA Division 1 Football Bowl Subdivision. The 65,000 seat, 1.75 million square foot, state of the art domed stadium will also host many world-class sporting and entertainment events, including the 2020 and 2021 Pac-12 Football Championship, and will serve as the annual site of the Las Vegas Bowl. The stadium will also host large trade and corporate shows, public gatherings, private events, and a robust tour program.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for a variety of daily and monthly financial accounting duties including account reconciliations and analysis, preparation of journal entries and related monthly close documents, financial records maintenance and monthly financial reporting. The position requires solid knowledge of accounting principles and experience.
- Reconcile and analyze GL accounts including bank accounts, accounts receivable, pre-paid’ s, accounts payable, accrued liabilities, deferred revenue accounts and other accounts as required
- Analyze, process, and reconcile cash-related transactions to monthly bank reconciliations and financial reports
- Prepare and input journal entries and determine appropriate accruals to be made monthly
- Monitor fixed asset activity in detail and input into accounting module for automatic depreciation generation
- Prepare audit and related roll forward schedules
- Ensure compliance with department policies and procedures
- Perform other accounting or general office duties as requested
- BA/BS Degree required
- A minimum of 2-4 years of general accounting experience
- Experience working with complex computer systems/financial applications (e.g., JDEdwards, SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, etc.)
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook with the ability to learn required business systems
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems and discrepancies in financial systems
- Strong ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment and ability to multi-task daily
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work extended hours as needed to accommodate monthly, quarterly and year-end closings