Part-Time Legal Assistant
How to apply
The Jacksonville Jaguars are a professional football team and one of the youngest franchises in the National Football League. The Jaguars are owned by Shahid Khan, a visionary leader whose portfolio of businesses includes Flex-N-Gate (auto parts), Fulham Football Club (UK soccer team), Bold Events (an entertainment company that operates the Daily’s Place amphitheater) and All Elite Wrestling (“AEW”) (a pro wrestling startup that launched in January 2019). The Jaguars, Bold Events and AEW are based in downtown Jacksonville, Florida. Under Mr. Khan’s leadership, the downtown Jacksonville sports complex has evolved to include some of the most unique sports and entertainment venue assets, including stadium swim spas and 19 video boards, two of which are longer than a football field and an adjacent outdoor amphitheater for private events and concerts.
The Khan family of businesses possess the following organizational values: Passion, Respect, Innovation, Dedication and Empowerment (PRIDE). The Jaguars and its affiliates believe in the importance of diversity, continual learning and transparency. We also understand the role that excitement, originality and fun play in the workplace. All of these ideas come together to build a strong and dynamic workplace culture. Because of this, we are dedicated to, and encouraged by, leading the way in developing a distinct and inclusive team.
We are seeking a part-time Legal Assistant to work approximately twenty-eight (28) hours per week, who will provide general legal and administrative support for the Legal Department that supports the Jaguars, Bold Events, AEW and other Khan family portfolio companies. This position will report to the Jaguars Legal Department. The ideal candidate is intelligent, hardworking and self-starting, reliable, organized, and has the ability to manage multiple assignments and deadlines in a fast-paced startup environment. This position is based in Jacksonville, Florida. Remote opportunity may be available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft, prepare and review a variety of transaction documents, including employment and talent agreements, licenses, consulting agreements, non-disclosure agreements, ticketing-related terms and conditions, venue agreements, sweepstakes and game promotions rules, and other documents
- Audit contracts and local regulations to build and maintain a tracking system that ensures compliance with requirements
- Conduct and coordinate research into a variety of legal issues (including laws, regulations, judicial decisions and legal articles) and provide clear recommendations to internal staff
- Draft and prepare documentary evidence for visa petitions and immigration-related needs
- Manage and enforce document organization and retention policy
- Support risk management efforts and management of insurance policies
- Provide miscellaneous administrative support to legal department as needed (including, but not limited to, expense management and reports, scheduling, coordinating travel arrangements)
- Manage legal department workflow and to do lists
- Proven ability to conduct research and manage projects and documents, including contracts
- Additional duties as assigned
- Strong teamwork and relationship management skills; works effectively as a liaison between the legal department and all internal clients and external partners/vendors
- Ability to be flexible and resourceful in response to changing priorities and needs
- Demonstrated willingness to continuously acquire new competencies and accept new challenges
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and deadlines with accuracy and an attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft applications including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and must be able to effectively manage communications and projects with a remote workforce
- Demonstrate honesty, responsibility, integrity, and dedication in the fulfillment of commitments
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Excellent organization skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work nontraditional hours
- 3-5 years of experience as a legal assistant a law firm or for an in-house legal department
When applying for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter and sample work product of your choice.
How To Apply
Northern Ohio PGA Section
- Execute pre-tournament responsibilities, such as golf course marking, tee and hole location selection, equipment set-up and developing operational plans Administer...
8 hours ago
Northern Ohio PGA Section
- Execute pre-tournament responsibilities, such as tournament infrastructure and course marking and set-up Administer on-site responsibilities, such as player regist...
8 hours ago