Guest Services, Booking & Events Manager, Kraken Training Center
How to apply
We are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community and business partners through world class sports and entertainment. We believe that Winning Matters, our Fans come first, with risk comes reward, great teams can achieve unimaginable results, honoring the Pacific Northwest is our duty and driving the business is our responsibility.
On December 4, 2018, the NHL granted the 32nd NHL franchise to Seattle Hockey Partners. As the newest addition to the Pacific Division in the Western Conference, the team continues to prepare for its first puck drop in the 2021-2022 NHL season. In addition to the redevelopment of the New Arena at Seattle Center, Seattle Hockey Partners are consecutively building its front office headquarters, training center and three NHL regulation rinks at Northgate. This development represents not only further investment in making Seattle the epicenter of the Pacific Northwest but establishing a skating presence within the city for the first time in more than 40 years.
The Booking & Events Manager will be responsible for the Kraken Training Center activity, programming and event schedule as well as event management at the venue. Booking will include cross collaboration with program leaders for youth hockey, adult hockey, learn-to-skate and learn-to-play hockey programs, figure skating and corporate partners to achieve the goals of the programming department. Events will include Corporate Events, meetings, holiday parties, ice rentals, birthdays, fundraisers, speaker series events, Kraken Game Night, restaurant bookings, VIP Tours and Kraken Partner Events.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish the Kraken Training Center as the predominant facility in the greater Seattle area
- Manage the Kraken Training Center DASH Software system which will be used to program the facility
- Day to day programming updates, setting up and managing reports, data uploads/downloads for various cross-over programs
- Support various program directors for communication templates and processes via DASH
- Collaborate with Marketing Manager on website updates related to scheduling
- Manage the Kraken Training Center Event Calendar including managing availability, placing holds and confirming dates for program directors, rentals, parties and corporate partners
- Assist with identifying and securing programming and events for the Kraken Training Center
- Coordinate with Program Directors to maximize schedule efficiencies and revenue across the various ice use offerings
- Actively develop and maintain excellent relationships with program directors, corporate partners and customers
- Send, negotiate and close Kraken Training Center venue contracts
- Plan, support and execute facility activity, programs, parties, corporate and team events working with internal and external stakeholders, clients and vendors
- Collaborate with Kraken Training Center internal departments to support the business including, but not limited to event services, finance, operations, legal, marketing, premium services, IT, food and beverage and merchandise
- Manage the development of the facility booking confirmation sheet which will be distributed upon confirmation of the event
- Assist with the scheduling of various meetings and additional programming duties for Director of Programming and Events
- Previous experience at a sport facility
- Understanding of league or facility software schedule management
- Experience coordinating youth sport programming and events
- Knowledge and interest in ice sports, venue and event business
- Experience planning corporate and community events Must be adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Must be a fierce communicator and cross-organizational collaborator, with an expert ability to present and communicate new ideas and concepts
- Extremely organized and detail oriented, resourceful, quick learner and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- A high degree of personal integrity and consistently put the interests of the organization first
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an expert ability to present and communicate new ideas and concepts
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
- 3 years of arena, venue and event planning experience
- Experience with DASH, booking software
- Experience with youth sports at the recreational and elite level
- Understanding of event and on-ice programming
- Bachelor’s degree from a four- year college or university in business or related field, or equivalent combination of education and industry experience.
- Strong computer skills including; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and applicable standard applications.
How To Apply
New York Jets in Florham Park
- Partner with the Corporate Partnerships department to drive analytical insights, evaluating and identifying areas of opportunity and action to enhance bottom line res...
1 day ago