Junior National Team Kumite Head Coach
No Longer Accepting Applications
The Junior National Team Kumite Head Coach will exercise fairness and leadership with all National Team athletes and their personal coaches, as well as with all other National Team coaching staff. The Junior National Team Kumite Head Coach is to work under the direct supervision of the High-Performance Director, and in conjunction with the office staff and High-Performance Committee (HPC) to refine and execute Karate Canada’s High-Performance plans, leading to sustainable medal performances at targeted international events, such as International Youth League events, Junior Pan American Championships, Junior World Championships and Junior Pan American Games.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in training, coaching and supporting sport teams
- Minimum of two years’ experience coordinating and supervising programs for an organization
- Demonstrated expertise in WKF karate, including in-depth knowledge of Kumite
- NCCP Karate Comp Dev certified or higher level, or its equivalent as recognized by KC and/or the Coaching Association of Canada
- Knowledge of the Canadian Sport System and of Karate Canada’s policies, High-Performance plan and programs, including the LTAD
- Post-secondary education in kinesiology, leisure, management, or other sport-related fields, or a combination of experiences with some in a Canadian National Sports Organisation will be considered strong assets.
- Close attention to detail and accuracy, with the ability to follow-through
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills – ability to interact effectively with the general public, volunteers, sports groups and organizations
- Bilingualism (English & French) will be considered a strong asset
- Mastery of basic software and information technology tools (Excel, Office, web & email, etc)
- Reliable, responsible, and autonomous
- Ability to work independently and proactively with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Superior organizational and time management skills with a strong ability to multi-task effectively and work under time constraints and deadlines
- Highly adaptable, with strong leadership skills as well as consultative, facilitation, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to travel
- Flexible schedule (ability to commit to attending certain events)
- Demonstrated ability to train high-level athletes will constitute an important asset, as will past experience as a high-level competitor.