Specialist,Business Development (6-Month Contract)
Canadian Olympic Committee
No Longer Accepting Applications
Reporting to a Director, Business Development, the Specialist, Business Development leads and supports in a variety of areas, such as renewals, traditional sponsorship sales and incremental sales opportunities with existing Marketing Partners. The Specialist provides the highest level of market research and analysis, leads the preparation of pitch materials, helps identify new business opportunities and must enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- University degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of proven marketing experience in sales, sponsorship and/or sports marketing
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding sales targets
- Strong analytical, research and negotiation skills
- Self-starter, with the ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Understanding of core marketing concepts, activating sponsorships, and valuation
- Digital/social media familiarity, experience with platforms an asset
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with various internal and external colleagues and stakeholders
- Best in class client service experience
- Strong verbal and written communications skills. Bilingualism (French, English) is an asset
- Excellent presentation skills, with proficiencies in PowerPoint or Keynote with a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Computer skills – high level of proficiency in Word, Excel, Asana etc.
- Passionate about the sport from grassroots to high performance
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery
City of Mississauga
- As project lead, under the direction of the Project Steering Committee & Manager, Sport & Community Development, this position will assist in providing leadership...
2 hours ago
University of Victoria
- The Varsity Performance Sport Program is responsible for the development, implementation, assessment and strategic management of varsity sport, team and athlete-specific ...
2 hours ago