Performance Sciences, Research and Innovation Advisor
Canadian Paralympic Committee
No Longer Accepting Applications
The position’s central mandate is to provide expertise, assistance and leadership to targeted Paralympic summer and winter sports in the ongoing implementation and assessment of an integrated sport science and medicine program. With this knowledge, the position will also play a critical role in the planning, preparation and implementation of a Performance Sciences plan at the Parapan and Paralympic Games.
In addition, the individual will provide guidance to Para Sport NSOs regarding the development of summer and winter sport applied research projects and engage in monitoring of targeted projects. The position will report to the Director of Paralympic Performance and Pathway (CPC) and the OTP Lead Advisor, Performance Sciences, Research and Innovation, and will work collaboratively with the OTP Directors of Summer and Winter Sport, OTP Director of performance Sciences, Research and Innovation, OTP High Performance Advisors (HPA’s), CPC Paralympic Performance Advisors, CSI/CSC’s, COC, Major Games Canada (MGC) and technology and research specialists.
- University graduate degree in a sport science
- Extensive applied experience (5-8 years) and success in performance sciences, research and innovation programming including 4 years in a project leadership role within the Canadian or international sport
- Previous experience and demonstrated passion for working in the para-sport high-performance environment
- Significant successful experience in the design and implementation of Performance Sciences services to high-performance athletes in preparation for, or at major games
- Strong data management skills
- Bilingualism is a preferred