NGB Services Specialist (full-time, temporary with benefits)
United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee
- Provide daily assistance to NGBs in a variety of areas including marketing, digital media, sponsorship, and resource generation. Evaluate strengths and weaknesses of each NGB’s business model and provide creative solutions and strategies to improve NGB capabilities.
- Provide event support for the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team Trials, including the coordinated efforts of NBC, USOPC, associated NGB, and the LOC. Facilitate USOPC sponsor activation, NBC programming needs, USOPC donor needs, Sport Performance coordination, event signage, and review/payment of management fees.
- Manage and maintain NGB Services grant tracking and deliverables project. Create and execute contracts through contract management platform and process quarterly grant payments to NGBs. Assist with development and execution of annual targeted NGB action plans, including regular check-ins with NGB EDs/CEOs and follow-ups on key initiatives, including grants, strategy sessions, and board trainings.
- Standardize messaging and best practices to NGBs about the American Development Model (ADM) and determine how to distribute consistent communication information. Determine efficiencies in communication with NGBs and assistance on platforms. Support Vice President and Coaching Education with communication and coordination for ADM and grant program support.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, sports management, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of event planning and management skills with thorough planning capacity
- 3-5 years of experience dealing with non-profit groups, sports commissions, venues, and/or facilities management groups
- Creative problem solver with proven ability to leverage experience and knowledge to improve business performance
- 3-5 years of sports marketing and management experience with strategic emphasis; direct experience with Olympic sport programs preferred
- Minimum 2 years of editorial and publication experience