No Longer Accepting Applications
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Working in collaboration with the Medical Staff and under the supervision of the CMO:
- Manages the healthcare of Players including, but not limited to first aid/emergency care, on-site injury evaluation, application of appropriate modalities, development of rehabilitation and prevention programs, as well as conducting rehabilitation and making medical referrals.
- Maintain a complete and up to date roster of Player health and participation records in the League-provided electronic medical record (EMR) system.
- Order and maintain inventory supplies and clinical equipment.
- Keep athletic training room and clinic area safe, clean, and organized.
- Help the Club Medical Staff regarding Player's health and safety.
- Comply with all MLS medical policies and protocols.
- Comply with OSHA standards with regards to blood borne pathogens.
- Attend all activities/meetings/programs as required by the League.
- The Assistant Athletic Trainer will assume the duties of the Head Athletic Trainer/Therapist in the event the Head Athletic Trainer/Therapist is unable to or at the discretion of the Head Athletic Trainer/Therapist and/or Club Chief Medical Officer.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Minimum four (4) year bachelor's degree
- Preferred Master's degree in a health-related field
- Soccer experience or treatment of Soccer Players preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years certified athletic trainer/therapist experience (for 2023, the requirement will be minimum four (4) years)
- NATABOC (or CATA) Certified Athletic Trainer/Therapist
- In good standing with NATABOC
- State or Province License in the state/province in which the Club calls home, if required by the state/province
- CPR certification for Health Care Provider
- Maintain personal professional liability insurance
- Preferred certification: CSCS, PES, LMT, and/or NREMT