No Longer Accepting Applications
- Develop concept and production materials for all Houston Rockets design related needs.
- Use strategic vision from the Sr. Creative Director and Art Director to complete and improve projects to desired needs, clearly and consistently meeting all deadlines.
- Daily delivery of design projects working with a wide range of media (photography, digital and print design) across the department and organization.
- Work closely with all internal departments including, but not limited to Marketing, Community Relations, Corporate Sales, Ticketing, and digital graphics.
- Assist in the creative process of developing and executing advertising campaigns.
- Create original and innovative work to help push the brand forward.
- Assist in maintaining and establishing design department policies.
- Stays current with industry standards, trends, and applications (pop culture, music, fashion, art, entertainment).
- Responds positively to creative direction and feedback but is capable of working independently to develop solutions.
- Understands the Rockets brand essence and crafts/develops impactful artwork, designs and logos to compliment the brand. Injects fresh ideas and approach to Rockets marketing creative.
- Demonstrate the Rockets’ One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field and experience at internship(s) or entry-level graphic design role.
- Must share portfolio illustrating depth of work and capabilities.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite. Specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and inDesign.
- Illustration skills are a plus.
- Knowledge of motion graphics are a plus.
- A diverse design style and the ability to adapt design for each project.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to provide a portfolio which highlights a variety of projects including identity design, advertising and/or page layout.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Support with photoshoots, photo selection, archiving, management, and manipulation.
- Interest in basketball and familiarity with basketball terminology.