No Longer Accepting Applications
Do you want to work in a fun and challenging team environment? The Cedar Rapids Ball Club, the parent company of the Cedar Rapids Kernels and Waterloo Bucks, seeks a detailed individual to fill the Controller role. The Controller is responsible for directing and administering all aspects of the accounting, payroll, and finance functions of the organization.
- Lead all areas of the accounting department which includes accounts payable, billings & collections, payroll, processing daily accounting transactions and maintaining supporting schedules.
- Perform tasks associated with month-end and year-end close of the income statement, balance sheet, account reconciliations & G/L analysis.
- Create, monitor, and manage budgets and cash flows.
- Create, implement, and maintain procedures and processes to ensure proper financial controls are in place and accurate information is provided.
- Create management reports to support and inform the operations and sales teams of financial results.
- Support Game Day operations by serving as the front office banker and counting down cash bags at the conclusions of events.
- Supervise accounting support staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is desired.
- 5+ years of Controller and Supervisorial experience.
- Experience with QuickBooks.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to multitask.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to resolve issues quickly.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have demonstrated excellent analytical and computer skills.