No Longer Accepting Applications
Responsible for managing the on-site Volunteer Program for PGA Championships and maintaining the program's high standards of excellence that will ensure the PGA continues to be the leader in Championship golf.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to):
- Responsible for the management and coordination of PGA Championship Volunteers to include recruiting, registering, educating, outfitting, scheduling, training and leading volunteers through Championship Week.
- Utilize the Volunteer Management Software (Trust Event) to maintain an accurate and up-to-date database for volunteer registrations, profiles, release forms, uniform orders, shift availability information, etc.
- Utilize the Volunteer Management Software (Trust Event) as a tool to communicate with volunteers and the planning committee.
- Draft, create and send communications such as letters, schedule information, newsletters and other communications to Committee Chairs and volunteers keeping them informed of upcoming events, deadlines as well as other pertinent Championship information.
- Organize and coach the Executive Committee, Division Chairs, and Committee Chairs to prepare them to lead their respective Divisions and Committees prior to and during Championship Week.
- Assist the General Chair, Executive Committee, Division Chairs and Committee Chairs with various administrative tasks as needed.
- Inform host site of volunteer opportunities, important dates, deadlines and other Championship and PGA of America related information.
- Ensure PGA Florida Volunteer Operations staff are informed of all Volunteer Program related activities.
- Plan and arrange several events to include but not limited to: Committee Manual Meetings, Committee Prep Meetings, Uniform and Credential Distribution, Committee meetings and receptions as needed.
- Open purchase orders/requisitions for all volunteer expenses relating to the Championship. Send invoices to proper staff members for review and approval and process in a timely manner, informing the Championship Director of any significant expenses.
- Follow up on invoices, research discrepancies and notify appropriate staff members of such discrepancies. Work with the Finance Department to research unpaid invoices and follow up with vendors as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in business administration or related field.
- Two years of experience in customer service, event management or volunteer administration, preferably at a Championship.
- One-year team management experience.