The Birmingham Squadron are seeking energetic, inspiring and enthusiastic individuals to become part of Squadron Hype Team. Members of the Hype Team will be responsible for fan interaction, live promotions, greeting fans, concourse activities and prize giveaways during Squadron home games. You will also be involved in events in and around the community to help build the Squadron brand throughout the year. This is a part-time seasonal position.
- Engage and interact with fans in approachable and professional fashion.
- Assist the Game Operations Department in activating partnerships and fan engagement.
- Researching and recommending engaging activities to use during in-game promotions.
- Interacting with crowd during home games creating a fun and interactive atmosphere.
- Escorts and coordinates with performers for game entertainment
- Prepares and facilitates giveaways during the games
- Supports and takes cues from the in-arena host during game days
- Assists camera shots by working with the production crew and designated Legacy Arena employees.
- Act as a positive representative for the organization in and out of the arena during all games and various external events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in athletics is strongly preferred
- Experience in sports marketing or live sports production
- Comfortable performing in front of a large crowd
- Outstanding communication skills and a positive, upbeat personality
- Reliable, punctual and courteous
- Ability to work most if not all Squadron home games, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to adapt to a fast paced environment where attention to detail is critical
- Must possess exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize complex tasks
- Maintain proper/professional decorum