The University of Toronto is seeking a candidate to fill the volunteer position of Head Coach for the Varsity Blues Badminton Program.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Blue & White and Club Sports, the Badminton Head Coach’s key roles and responsibilities include:
Performing all coaching and management duties consistent with the operation of a successful intercollegiate sport program, including:
- Student athlete recruitment
- Team selection
- Personnel management (Assistant coach, team manager, etc.)
- Team and individual goal setting
- Technical preparation
- Practice planning and preparation
- Game strategy
- Program evaluation
- Equipment and uniform purchase coordination
- Travel coordination
- Regular contact with athletes
- Fundraising and budget management are also key responsibilities
- University degree, preferably in kinesiology or physical education or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 2 years Badminton coaching experience, with OUA, club, provincial, or national team programs
- NCCP Level2certification
- A valid police reference check.