Director of Engineering Fan Controlled Football
No Longer Accepting Applications
The Director of Engineering will provide leadership and guidance to the organization’s software development and technology operations. The work for this role is rooted in customer facing mobile and web app development, and ensuring a strong front end design with supported backend tech. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), the Director of Engineering is responsible for developing, overseeing and prioritizing development projects and features, helping drive the innovation of our digital products. The Director is also responsible for the delivery of products on time and in-line with all technical requirements. This role needs a person that can confidently make smart technical decisions, and communicate the reasoning behind the decisions backed by data. This role definitely needs someone who can hit the ground at top speed.
- Oversee software development, QA, and DevOps internal/external teams
- Work closely with the Project Manager and Head of Product on scheduling, development and delivery on product milestones
- Collaborate with CTO on software/infrastructure architecture, monitoring/alerting framework and all other architectural level technical issues
- Driving technical innovation in the digital product
- Oversee development roadmap for technology platform and integration of 3rd party tech solutions
- Collaborate with team (product owner, project manager, and other roles) to:
- Develop and implement product roadmap
- Work with the product team to ensure customer-facing product design is on brand and achieves company goals.
- Assist with managing corporate IT in coordination with 3rd party partner
- Manage project plans and project teams (internal and external) to execute on plans, complete tasks and deliver releases in collaboration with Project Manager
- Manage overall technical organization to ensure requirements and project delivery dates are clearly communicated and executed upon
- Effectively and efficiently plan and prioritize all resources working across project(s) based on scope of work and project goals
- Translate product requirements into technical projects.
- Communicate and document project status and strategic recommendations to team members and CTO on a weekly basis; escalate issues accordingly via the appropriate channels
- Leverage Agile principles and ideas to make projects and tasks more efficient
- Hold the team accountable for their commitments and provide transparency for all team activities
- Deliver robust product on time and on budget without incurring technical debt
- Designing, deploying and operating:
- Java-based microservices
- Angular responsive web apps
- Native iOS and Android apps
- +3 years managing medium to large high performance software development, devops and QA teams that are globally diverse. At least 1 of those years at the Director level or higher.
- +2 years running high volume/velocity consumer-facing workloads on AWS
- Implementing auto scaling microservices services stacks based on Docker, Fargate, Aurora, Lambda, ALBs, Elasticache, S3, CloudFront, SES, SNS
- Infrastructure as code using CloudFormation Templates
- Building and operating CI/CD pipelines with rollback
- Digital video workflows
- Managing Agile projects using Jira and Confluence
- Source code control (Bitbucket, Git)
- Demonstrated ability integrating with BI and Marketing system (GA, Segment, Braze)
- Building/Integrating and operating Big Data workflows
Items that are a plus:
- Experience with Web3 development including Ethereum/EVM based smart contracts, generative NFTs, dApps, DAO, ERC20/721/998/1155, IPFS, OpenSea integration, IDEs (e.g., Remix, Visual Studio Code, Atom)
- Broad familiarity with AWS service offerings and competence administering AWS
- Configuring and operating monitoring, logging, security and alerting infrastructure in AWS
- Experience in the gaming industry, working with game producers, game designers, etc.