No Longer Accepting Applications
Our Bullpen Cart drivers, also known as “Motorcade,” are responsible for driving the bullpen cart around the distance of the warning track during pitching changes. The ideal candidate will have a stellar driving record and a knowledge of the game of baseball.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the Bullpen Cart around the warning track during pitching changes.
- Pick up and drop off players from the bullpen to the dugout if they decide to ride the cart.
- Ensure the bullpen cart is clean and that the battery is fully charged upon arrival.
- Stage the bullpen cart in place so that it is ready to be used when a pitching change is made.
- Pay close attention to the game by watching the live feed to see when a pitching change could potentially be made.
- Once the game has concluded, return the bullpen cart to its storage space and plug in the power cord to charge it overnight.
- Drive the bullpen cart, the Nationals mascot van, or the NatMobile at outside appearances.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and have at least 10 years of driving experience.
- Understanding of baseball and the rules of the game.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Must be reliable and able to arrive at Nationals Park at least an hour prior to first pitch.
- Must be able to work at least 50% of Nationals home games.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to open up a 50-pound gate quickly.