No Longer Accepting Applications
Reporting to the Chief Growth Officer, you will lead the strategy and roadmap for the athlete experience team in planning, building, maintaining, and operating the digital experience for athletes and their families. With an inclusive, team-oriented, ‘live the values’ culture, we are still small enough for a single individual or team to have a dramatic impact, but big enough to provide the resources needed to scale.
What You Will Do
- Own the strategic direction for the athlete experience by setting the long-term vision, strategy, roadmap and omni-channel connectedness for the products and services
- Build, manage and mentor a team of product managers and third-party resources, ensuring the team is set up for success and growing as needed
- Lead by example, showing an unwavering willingness to work in the trenches with the team, sharing in the risks and rewards while respecting diverse perspectives, fostering an environment for growth, and making each person feel valued
- Maintain a high level of knowledge around market trends and the competitive landscape to identify meaningful gaps iterating quickly to mitigate risk
- Conduct research and lead the collection of user feedback with college coaches, athletes, and their parents to clearly understand needs and pain points.
- Collaborate with design and development to rapidly conceptualize, prototype, and validate new product ideas and innovations using digital transformation and ecommerce best practices
- Create an inclusive, collaborative, and generative culture in which transparency and trust prevail, where it is safe to fail, and experimentation is rewarded.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years of product management experience with experience leading product managers
- 3+ years of experience as the primary owner of consumer facing products
- Big picture thinker with a growth mindset and an ability to lead a team through ambiguity while understanding competitive landscaped and balancing stakeholder needs
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and enjoy crafting creative solutions to complex challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence and rally internal and external stakeholders
- Data-informed decision maker with strong analytical skills
- Navigate existing legacy technologies while guiding the transformation of the organization and platform by using innovative and emerging technology such as AI and machine learning
- Known for winning others over, not giving up on what you believe in while understanding the importance of listening and being open-minded
- A love of sports is not required, but you must be passionate about what we do: helping student athletes maximize their potential