No Longer Accepting Applications
- Maintains equipment in safe, ready-for-issue, variable configurations as required by the Grounds Department schedule.
- Conducts daily safety inspection of the Grounds Maintenance Facility and initiates corrective action of any unsafe conditions noted, including reporting conditions to the Grounds Mechanical Supervisor and/or Safety Manager as required.
- Adheres to environmental regulations and standards in appropriate disposal of hazardous waste materials.
- Inspects, troubleshoots, adjusts, and repairs mechanical failure/defects in equipment systems including: transmissions, differentials, carburetors, distributors, fuel pumps, steering systems, sprayer/spreader systems, starters, generators, universal joints, hydraulic systems, pressure pump/valves, brakes, cooling systems and air systems.
- Performs grinding and sharpening of mower parts as required.
- Designs, fabricates, modifies, and welds custom auxiliary support gear for grounds equipment to facilitate the golf club’s requirements. Installs batteries, tires, wiring, and miscellaneous parts on equipment.
- Accurately documents repair and maintenance accomplished on equipment.
- Purchases and controls parts, supplies, and materials in an efficient and economical manner within department budget limitations.
- Routinely inspects quality of cut to ensure desired after-cut appearance. Instructs operators in the safe, efficient operation and care of equipment.
- Assists in repair of equipment not assigned to Grounds Maintenance as needed.
- Prioritize equipment as to importance of repairs needed.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Uses oral and written communication skills to report issues with servicing, maintenance, or repair of equipment to Grounds Mechanical Supervisor
- Proposes potential improvements in equipment service program or process to the Grounds Mechanical Supervisor and/or DGC.
- Understands and interprets technical service manual, procedures, drawings, prints, and wiring diagrams to correctly maintain and operate equipment
- Routinely updates knowledge of technological advances within the grounds equipment industry
- Performs additional duties outside of normal scope of grounds equipment maintenance as directed by management to be integral to the job
- Prioritize equipment as to importance of repairs needed
- Strong knowledge of operation of internal combustion engines and mower grinding, sharpening and adjustments
- Proper operation of standard hand and power tools
- Latest trends in grounds equipment industry technology
- Excellent working knowledge of applicable state and federal regulations pertaining to equipment, petroleum and all other products used at the maintenance facility
- Diagnosis and correction of discrepancies in machinery
- Accurate record keeping of maintenance and supplies
- Profound knowledge of basic computer skill to add information to computerized vehicle maintenance programs
- Proficient in interpreting repair manuals, instruction sheets, hydraulic and electrical schematics
- Torching/Welding repairs to equipment
- Successful in repetitive, detail-oriented work tasks
- Effective oral and written communication skills with team members and management