No Longer Accepting Applications
The intern will be required to establish strong personal working relationships with athletes and coaches and will be required to work independently in supporting our Sport Science mission. Sports science represents a critical component in the UFCPI’s portfolio of services, and this internship position is central in supporting our efforts to provide world-leading services to MMA athletes.
In addition to the monetary compensation provided, this position offers the opportunity for advancement in the field of Sports science (physiology, biomechanics, data analytics).
The internship supports the fulfillment of any credit hours towards a degree program, and the successful candidate will gain hands on experience working with elite athletes.
- Assists the Director, Sport Science in any monitoring and assessment-related tasks.
- Assists the Director, Sport Science in planning and preparing testing and evaluation activities.
- Implements monitoring and assessment interventions as required.
- Undertakes data handling, data basing, and data analytics as required.
- Ensures that the cleanliness and hygiene of the laboratory environments and associated equipment is maintained within the facility.
- Acts in an inter-disciplinary role with other technical areas to support Sport Science requirements as required.
- Evaluates technologies and new innovations within the sport science domain as required
- Must be enrolled in an institution of higher education pursuing a degree relevant to the internship.
- Outstanding work ethic and attention to detail.
- Strong data management and analysis skills.
- Able to demonstrate their ability to deliver a variety of physiological testing protocols and the capacity to follow methodological procedures.
- Able to demonstrate their ability to work independently on assigned tasks and to deliver outcome goals effectively.
- Strong desire to work with elite combat athletes.
- Experience working with athletes in weight-categorized sports is desired.