No Longer Accepting Applications
- Oversee the daily administration and implementation of the strength and conditioning program.
- Supervise and instruct all weight training, speed, recovery and conditioning program.
- Ability to aid, promote, and implement foundational program in areas including but not limited to sleep, nutrition, establishing base strength, establishing quality movements, and understanding of training.
- Hold players accountable and advance them in strength and movement to build base for their careers within the Orioles strength and conditioning principles.
- Conduct activity outside of the weight room such as activation, prep, and post-game routines.
- Manage organizational data within athlete management systems and apps. Complete reports using the data as directed by MiLB Strength & Conditioning Coordinator.
- Carry out the organization’s performance programs including VBT, GPS tech, speed gates, strength, and mobility assessment tools.
- Conduct movement and power testing on a consistent basis and adhere to the strength and conditioning department’s testing guidelines to gauge the program efficacy
- Collaborate and work well with team medical, performance and coaching staff.
- Communicate and monitor players’ off-season strength and conditioning programs.
- Work with the DSL players at the academy throughout the championship season, along with pre-season, spring training, and post-season camps occurring at the complex as assigned
- May be required to travel to organizational meetings, seminars, and camps or spring training
- Desire to further one’s abilities and knowledge within strength and conditioning, sport science, and baseball
- Assist the Nutrition department in keeping food log records
- Normal upkeep and sanitizing of equipment and facility
- Ability to live in the Dominican Republic during the season, spring training and during camps
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science or related field
- Strength and conditioning specialist certification (CSCS) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) required
- Maintain CPR/First Aid certification
- Bilingual (English & Spanish)
- Base level computer software skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Growth Mindset