No Longer Accepting Applications
The After-School Classroom Coordinator is expected to be at the Academy for after-school programming during the hours of 2:30pm to 7:30pm and will attend all Academy field-trips, as requested. The After-School Classroom Coordinator will also be expected to attend a variety of evening and weekend activities, as well as mandatory training and professional development programs provided by the Academy.
Program Operations & Support
- Take a lead role during classroom instruction, mentoring time, meal time, gathering time/Team Time, field trips, and rainy day/cold weather activities.
- Maintain an organized classroom setting, support oversight of transition from classrooms to the field for scholar-athletes and other learning activities.
- Manage volunteers and coaches with respect to instructional/academic activities.
- Participate in and provide effective oversight of scholar-athletes during field-trips and to and from the Academy.
- Coordinate with the appropriate After-School Academy Baseball/Softball Coordinator and other program staff for daily logistics and lesson plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to manage the classroom setting and provide support for assignments and lessons in STEM (science, technology, engineering and/or math) for students in grades three through eight
- Commitment to working with youth and families in a low-income, urban community; belief that all students can achieve at high levels
- Commitment to achieving the articulated objectives of the Academy for scholar-athletes, staff, and the community at-large
- Demonstrated leadership and motivational skills
- At the Academy during the hours of 2:30pm to 7:30pm on Monday-Thursday during the school year. Time may vary due to special events that may require this person to be present (e.g. fundraising events, field trips, retreats, etc.)