The Chicago Cubs are seeking an analyst to join the Baseball Sciences group in the Baseball Operations’ Research and Development department. This role will focus on improving our understanding of player performance through the analysis of various data sources and technologies, including motion capture, force plates, wearable sensors, and S&C assessments. The analyst will be responsible for performing quantitative research on existing data while also helping the organization identify novel technologies or initiatives that could lead to further insight. The ideal candidate will possess strong quantitative skills, the ability to think critically and creativity, domain-specific knowledge/experience, and the ability to communicate effectively to non-technical stakeholders.
- Perform quantitative research to better understand and quantify player performance
- Identify and evaluate new technologies and assessments
- Work with the Baseball Analytics group to integrate Baseball Science research into player valuation models
- Communicate research insights to various departments and stakeholders—including coaches, scouts, trainers, and S&C staff
- Collaborate with Player Development to design/oversee initiatives that can help answer research hypotheses
- Stay up to date with academic literature and public research