The Penske Entertainment Sustainability Intern is responsible for supporting all sustainability initiatives across the three business units (Indianapolis Motor Speedway, INDYCAR, and IMSP). This includes the data collection and tracking of all emissions sources for each business, the planning and communication of relevant initiatives, supporting waste diversion efforts during events, and drafting reports for new initiatives and projects with direction from management. The individual in this role will work closely with the Penske Entertainment Sustainability Program Leader to achieve the Penske Corporate initiative of decarbonizing the business.
- Partner with Penske Entertainment business units (IMS, IMSP, INDYCAR) across operations, products, partners, vendors, and supply chains on environmental sustainability initiatives.
- Communicate, coordinate, and implement environmental sustainability initiatives with business operators throughout their respective business units.
- Work with the Facilities team during events to collect food donations and composting as part of ongoing waste diversion efforts.
- Assist with tracking and measurement of sustainability efforts, including data input for utilities, waste diversion, and vendor response management.
- Interpret data, synthesize findings, write reports, and make actionable recommendations based on market research and data analysis.
- Assist with documentation collection and submission for sustainability certifications.
- Understand and integrate industry trends and competitive landscape as it applies to current and/or future initiatives.
- Mentor and train team members.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, with emphasis on Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Innovative and critical thinker, self-starter with problem solving skills with results driven goals.
- Effective communication and relationship building skills; both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a role that requires attention to detail, organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment. Proven ability to handle pressure with time constraints, while simultaneously maintaining multiple responsibilities efficiently and accurately.
- Highly motivated and resourceful self-starter with positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently.