No Longer Accepting Applications
Under the leadership of the President, Indianapolis Motor Speedway and in partnership with the Senior Director of Premium Services, the Senior Manager, Food and Beverage Operations is responsible for the growth and enhancement of concessions and catering at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and manages the relationships with our Food and Beverage providers to ensure that food and beverage operations provide the best possible experience for all guests. This position will also work closing with the VP, Facilities, related to concession stands maintenance, preparation, and investments.
- Review, address, and align business strategies, initiatives, and operational plans so Penske Entertainment and Food and Beverage providers are working toward a common set of business objectives.
- Identify areas for strategic and operational improvement, and enhanced customer experience.
- Write Standard Operating Procedures (SOP); implement SOP and manage vendors accordingly ensuring that customer expectations are met and exceeded, and contractual agreements are followed.
- Monitor revenue streams including per caps, year over year, etc., and track performance against revenue projections, etc. and identify growth potential.
- Conduct weekly or bi-weekly meetings with Levy Motorsports to review revenue, operations and logistics, strategy, and opportunities for growth. Conduct monthly meetings with local catering providers (i.e. Ritz Charles and Jug’s).
- Facilitate menu approvals including pricing, logo placement, and print versions, and expedite signage requests.
- Regularly review food and beverage offerings to ensure guest expectations are met (both items and price points).
- Serve as IMS liaison for utilities and other venue-provided needs.
- Work with Facilities to provide on-site support to establish that kitchens, pantries, and stands are set up and ready for review prior to each event. Assist with problem solving as needed.
- Obtain, review, and seek approval for Month of May and Brickyard Weekend concessions plans.
- Approve outside third-party concessions and catering vendors. Secure any utility needs and work with Facilities to ensure smooth execution.
- Work with providers to facilitate golf cart, parking, and credentials needs.
- Work with Marion County Public Health Department to ensure IMS and its food and beverage providers are meeting requirements and expectations.
- Facilitate approvals for donated product.
- Research point of sale and technology platforms and work with IT and vendor to determine best solution(s) for venue.
- Monitor Food and Beverage operations in all areas of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway during marquee events.
- Support the development and execution of overall staffing efforts for designated food service vendor(s).
- Oversee concessions stand needs for special events (i.e. track rentals).
- Develop and maintain strong relationships built on trust and integrity.
- Serve as part of the client services event team for special events and manage events as assigned.
- Serve as a committed member of the premium services team.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of five to seven years’ experience in the food service, hospitality, or related industry.
- Food and beverage industry knowledge including trends, stadium/venue management, premium customer, and/or concessions preferred.
- Experience collaborating with peers to drive change.
- Exceptional professional relationship builder with constituents at all levels.
- Experience with vendor management and/or catering/concessions preferred.
- Motivated, efficient, flexible, resilient, organized team player.
- Resourceful self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Demonstrated superior customer service skills and service philosophy.
- Ability to prioritize, follow up on tasks, handle pressure, and perform multiple responsibilities effectively.
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office.