No Longer Accepting Applications
The Houston Astros are currently seeking a Minor League Defense and Baserunning Apprentice in the Player Development Department. Serving as a uniformed coach at our complex in the Dominican Republic. The position could lead to a variety of different positions within the organization in the future.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Helps Staff build technology-oriented projects
- Assist coaching staff in their responsibilities, specifically, but not limited to, defense and baserunning.
- Collaborate with field staff, coordinators, and front office to implement and help improve player development initiatives
- Collaborate with affiliate Strength Coach and Performance Apprentice to identify and act on solutions related to physical limitations/opportunities
- Communicate plans, goals and progress with players and relevant staff members throughout checkpoints
- Assist other field staff when able and necessary with normal day to day operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Interest in on-field coaching
- Must have ability to throwing batting practice and hit fungo
- Interest in player development, strength & conditioning, and analytics.
- Ability to understand and advocate for changes due to new information and or tools in baseball.
- Ability to work well with analysts in the front office.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Hard working and driven to succeed.
- Professional or collegiate playing experience is a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Strength & conditioning education and experience is a plus
- Must be able to travel with assigned minor league team.