The internship is designed to provide experience in working with the Academy structure of the club. Candidates will learn how the Academy operated and have responsibilities to assist the department with a number of new initiatives.
This is an unpaid, for credit internship (proof that you will receive credit is required).
What you'll learn
Assist the Academy Strength & Conditioning Coach with:
- Administrative tasks pertaining to the monitoring, reporting, and tracking of global positioning system (GPS) data and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Developing and implementing strength and conditioning programs to excel players’ performance and reduce the risk of injuries appropriate for player relative age.
- Developing and maintaining fitness standards for each age group within the Academy with input from both the performance and technical staff.
- Monitoring fitness progression and fatigue levels of all Academy players and teams.
- Organizing strength and fitness training sessions with players returning from injury (last stage of rehabilitation).
- Testing and analyzing players’ physical performance and creating reports for coaches and players.