No Longer Accepting Applications
The Communications Manager is a member of GymCan’s national program support management team and is responsible for the planning and management of the national communication strategy that encompasses timely information dissemination on all national level programming and related programming of interest to the membership and public alike. The incumbent will work closely with GymCan staff, P/TSO professional staff, all volunteer organizing committees, and external funding and programming agencies, all within the framework provided by the GymCan Strategic Plan, respective policies and procedures and technical regulations.
Specific responsibilities include:
- In conjunction with the GymCan staff and GymCan Member Associations, establish and maintain a national communications strategy that includes appropriate balance and timing of reporting for the various disciplines serviced by GymCan and member associations in line with the stated objectives in the GymCan Strategic Plan.
- Within the scope of program and performance objectives outlined in the GymCan Strategic plan, provide leadership for the development, implementation, and evaluation of annual and long-term objectives for the national communication plan, including reporting and benchmarking measures.
- Build and manage a long-term strategy for the Gymnastics Canada website, including
provision for upgrades and “value added” tools for member servicing.
- Lead the day-to-day management for the various GymCan social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Tik Tok.
- Collaborate with national partners and sponsors to development and implement joint
communications activities where appropriate.
- Contribute a high level of management expertise to the daily professional work environment in the GymCan office.
- A minimum of three to five years of experience working in a communications related leadership or management role.
- A proven ability to manage multiple projects within tight timelines.
- A degree in Communications/Media Management or equivalent experience.
- A proven ability in managing established and emerging social media platforms.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, administrative, and interpersonal skills, including very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An understanding of the Canadian sport system and experience working within a not for profit volunteer led environment is an asset.
- Versatile with new technologies. Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, Adobe Acrobat, and website management tools.
- Bilingualism is a significant asset.