No Longer Accepting Applications
The Assistant Manager, Scoring, Results & Medal Ceremonies is responsible for supporting the Sport division by coordinating the recording and reporting of all sport competition scoring and results. They will also be responsible for planning all medal ceremonies and ensuring they are executed in order to provide the best possible athlete experience.
- To represent the 2023 World Police & Fire Games in a positive, respectful and enthusiastic manner.
- To work within a functional team to accomplish the approved targets and goals within the expected timelines.
- To offer ideas that will improve the efficient and effective delivery of the games and will focus on optimizing the athlete experience.
- Recommend resources needed to accomplish tasks and reach the targets/goals.
- Uphold a high moral character and prudent fiscal management, understanding the majority of funding to host this event is provided by the Public Sector including the Provincial, Federal, and municipal governments.
MAIN FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the WPFG Federation Representative to ensure the set up and staffing for the Main Results Centre meet the operational requirements.
- Coordinate sport scoring and results procedures and activities at the competition venues during the Games.
- Plan for all scoring and results to be communicated and documented as per the WPFG Federation requirements.
- Support the procurement, delivery, storage, security, and distribution of medals, podiums and backdrops.
- Plan medal ceremonies for all sport competitions at all venues, ensuring medal presenters are scheduled and trained in the process.
- Plan for and coordinate distribution of medals where the athlete is not present. Working with Athlete Services and WPFG Federation on the operations of medals will call.
- Ensure post games delivery of all medals to the appropriate winners, who were not able to collect medals on site.
- Assist with sport venue operations, pre-Games events and special projects as required.
- Coordinate storage and delivery of medals, podiums & required supplies to and from venues with the logistics & warehousing team.
- Assist and support the administrative functions of the Sport functional area.
- Record all scoring, results and medal information from all Sport Coordinators.
- Contribute scoring, results and medal ceremony related information for final reports following the Games.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the Sport Manager or Director, relevant to the furtherance of the goals and objectives of the Games and the position.
- Post Secondary education (some university or college studies, a degree or diploma) in sport management, event management, administration, or other related field. A combination of relevant education and experience may also be considered.
- Minimum of one-three years experience working in sport, multi-sport Games, event management and/or a sport administration environment.
- Experience with sports tournaments and competitions in a volunteer or participant capacity is an asset.
- Outstanding planning, organizing and coordination skills.
- Friendly, approachable manner and willingness to contribute and ask questions.
- Excellent verbal, written, electronic and related communication skills and capacities.
- Strong computer skills for the main business applications such as spreadsheets, presentation software and email. Experience with the Google Workspace environment is an asset.
- Ability to thrive in a complex environment, involving a multitude of simultaneous and concurrent tasks, operations and requests.
- Ability to work in a team and perform specific tasks independently.
- Understanding of and capability to work within a mixed volunteer and staff planning and delivery model.
- Willingness to work variable hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Previous Games or related experience would be an asset.