No Longer Accepting Applications
St. Petersburg, FL, USA
The Tampa Bay Rays are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to help the Baseball Systems department build the best software and analytics solutions in all of Major League Baseball.
What is Baseball Systems?
- As part of Baseball Operations, our team builds the innovative tools that our players, coaches, analysts, scouts and front office personnel use to do their jobs, make decisions, and win ballgames.
- Our team consists of several data engineers, backend developers and frontend developers and coordinators.
- Every line of code we write — and feature we ship — has a direct impact on the field, helping us compete in the postseason year after year.
- Working within a very innovative and collaborative front office, your ideas will be welcomed and heard.
- Opportunities to choose and work with new technology. We strongly believe in choosing the right tool for the job even if it isn’t part of our current stack.
- Exceptional benefits including:
- health, vision and dental coverage at competitive rates.
- an enhanced 401k where the company contributes even if you don’t!
- free tickets to baseball and soccer games (We also own the Tampa Bay Rowdies) for you, your friends and family.
- the option to take one day off a month to volunteer for charity that doesn’t count against your vacation time.
- healthy meal options at no cost right in the office.
- yoga once a week during the workday.
- You’ll be working with some of the sharpest minds in all of baseball.
- You are a good teammate and like working with other driven and caring teammates.
- Your office is in a baseball stadium! Or your office can be remote, your choice!
- We are an organization that prides itself on coaching others so please apply even if you don’t meet every one of the requirements above.