The Los Angeles Angels (the Company) Player Development Department is seeking passionate individuals to join our team. As a Minor League Athletic Trainer, you will be fully immersed in our department, collaborating with coordinators, front office executives, members of other departments, and performing impactful work. Your work will be dynamic, challenging, and you will be given the opportunity and resources to learn, grow, and develop over the course of your athletic training career. In addition to handling the essential functions of being an athletic trainer, we desire proactive thinkers who will take initiative and explore ideas that improve organizational processes. Applicants can come from any discipline or background that apply to athletic training. The annualized (pay spread over a 12 month period) pay range for this position is $50,000-$70,000. The Company will comply with any local, state or federal FLSA pay requirements. Please note, as an employee of the Los Angeles Angels, this position is a contract position commencing on the employee start date through 10/31/2023 (first year compensation is prorated per contract terms). Per the discretion of the Company, employee may be extended into additional contract periods. This position is benefit eligible.
Examples of essential responsibilities:
- Implement organizational athletic training philosophy.
- In-season supervision of the prevention, care, and treatment of injuries and illnesses of minor league players.
- Conduct off-season follow ups with minor league players.
- Collaborate across departments, including (but not limited to): Video, Quantitative Analysis, Sports Science, Strength and Conditioning, Mental Conditioning.
- Act as a liaison between club physician(s), front office, field staff, and players.
- Proactively identify areas that make organizational impact