No Longer Accepting Applications
The Houston Astros Baseball Operations department is seeking a thoughtful individual to manage baseball administration across the organization. In this role, you will work closely with front office executives, actively partnering with and supporting every branch of the department.
You will be responsible for the design and oversight of systems and processes that drive our operational performance. Organization and attention to detail will be paramount as you execute essential functions pertaining to roster moves, rules compliance, contracts, and staffing. While your contribution will be felt immediately, there will also be ample learning and development opportunities in this exciting role.
Examples of things you will do:
- Create player contracts, assignment agreements, and other transaction-related documents
- Manage all Major League budgets and advise on new initiatives and strategic investments
- Liaise with the Office of the Commissioner on matters related to Baseball Operations
- Assist with salary arbitration, including research, tender and filing strategy, and negotiations
- Maintain a detailed set of records across the entire department
- Curiosity, attention to detail, and an open mind
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and prioritize tasks
- Aptitude, self-awareness, and emotional intelligence
- Fluent or conversational Spanish is a plus, but not necessary