No Longer Accepting Applications
The Director of Finance will report directly to the General Manager and work closely with the Lugnuts ownership. The Director of Finance is a critical member of the Lugnuts team, responsible for executing all day-to-day tasks of the Lugnuts accounting/finance functions and point of sale systems.
- Provide input and assistance to the GM as the organization sets its organizational budget on an annual basis. Such input includes, but is not limited to, developing revenue projections, making suggestions for expense reductions/savings, proper coding of transactions to established GL codes, etc.
- Actively manage the A/R and A/P processes for the Lugnuts. Including creating invoices, managing payments, handling all cash activities, entering bills, cutting checks and perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Create gameday reports, monthly budget trackers, special event reconciliations and other reports as needed. Participate in monthly meetings with the GM and ownership in which the budget is reviewed.
- Compile commission reports and tips. Process full-time payroll and work with Director of Human Resources to review hourly payroll bi-weekly.
- Attend select Lugnuts Games and various special events to represent the team, meet fans and sponsors, familiarize yourself with other areas of the operation and assist with execution.
- Create quarterly City of Lansing lease reconciliations and process payments to City.
- Work with CPA firm to complete year end financial statements, tax returns and annual audit.
- Prepare and submit monthly and annual PDL financial reports to MLB.
- Maintain current and accurate property taxes records and payments; process monthly/annual sales tax reports and payments.
- Provide oversight to the Lugnuts PDL reimbursement process with the Oakland Athletics, including verifying hotel, meal money, petty cash, etc. expenses.
- Obtain an in-depth knowledge of our IT environment, email system, and our point-of-sale systems so that direct support and assistance can be provided during baseball games and events. The Lugnuts maintain a relationship with an external IT provider and other support companies to assist with complex issues; however, a working knowledge of our IT environment is needed to provide immediate, on-site support when needed.
- Attend the weekly sales/staff meetings to stay up to date and support team initiatives and sales efforts.
- Utilize SCORE CRM and work with the Sales Department to maintain proper sales reports, pacing and infrastructure.
- Learn ProVenue and be able to assist in management of on-line ticket sales and ticketing infrastructure.
- Analyze financial agreements (credit card fees, merchant processing, etc.) and make recommendations of best processes to be the most cost effective and efficient.
- Working with ownership to oversee and renew liability and property insurance policies.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as designated by the General Manager.
- 3+ years of experience in the accounting or finance industry is preferred. Salary to be based on years and levels of prior experience.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, QuickBooks a plus); organizational and interpersonal skills; attention to detail.
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information required
- Extensive knowledge of general and cost accounting
- Excellent math skills; high aptitude for figures
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and nights during Lansing Lugnuts home games and other special events hosted at Jackson Field.