- Develop and organize event media outreach, including story development, pitching, organizing media day schedules and executing appearances and interviews.
- Develop and execute promotional activities for events in tandem with marketing, sales, digital and operations departments
- Develop relationships with media outlets to promote the club, including arranging interviews and other media exposure for Miami FC and its new broadcast partnership.
- Create detailed pre-match, post-match stories and recaps as well as press releases to be distributed to all relative media outlets
- Assist in collecting deliverables for all broadcast execution including graphics, commercial spots and animation content. Research and propose new public relations and broadcast marketing concepts
- Assist in managing relationship with broadcast partner/s and any necessary league communications
- Serve as point of contact for all league related media relations needs.
- Oversee creation and management of 2023 Media Guide.
- Manage and update a list of all media contacts (broadcast, print and digital)
- Brief department personnel on event activities and provide an updated working schedule for each event.
- Attend all Miami FC Home Matches
- Respond to, or direct media inquiries in a timely fashion
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College/University required, major in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or a related field.
- Exceptional communication skills (written, verbal and presentation.
- Creative news-making abilities – conceive, frame and pitch stories.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and manage change.
- Strong time and project management skills.
- Ability to perform media interviews and if necessary be comfortable in front of a camera is a plus.
- Knowledge of Spanish language and current trends in the Miami community is a plus.
- Understanding and knowledge of the USL Championship and/or global soccer landscape is a plus.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Must work all Miami FC matches, which include nights and weekends.
- Be available to travel to select road matches as needed.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, with ability to create content on the go.