Failure to comply with any of the rules set forth will be grounds for termination of employment in this capacity. While working for the Texas Rangers Organization , the COA Employee will be professional, courteous, and helpful and will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Set-up traffic barricades and signs per the designated temporary traffic control plan for the event.
- Respond to any changes or adjustments that need to be made whether requested by the Texas Rangers’ Staff or the COA Traffic Management Center.
- Take -down traffic barricades and signs and either stack them neatly in their designated location or return them to the COA yard.
- Assist in the traffic management for inbound and outbound event traffic.
- Manage COA signal system including reversible lane control system for efficient ingress and egress of event traffic to parking lots.
- Set-up, take-down, and program portable message boards with appropriate messages as needed or directed.
- Maintain communication between COA Traffic Management Center, Texas Rangers’ Staff, COA Employee Field Staff, COA Employee At-Venue Staff, and both COA and Texas Rangers’ Employed Police Officers.
- Analyze ingress and egress traffic patterns and make adjustments as needed to relieve any overwhelming backups.
- Address traffic incidents as needed within employed capacity.
As an off-duty City of Arlington (COA) Employee employed by the Texas Rangers and working at Choctaw Stadium and/or Globe Life Field, the COA Employee will be held to the Standards of the City of Arlington as well as those of the Texas Rangers Organization.