How to apply
- Follow directions.
- Must be able to think and work quickly in pressure situations and in adverse weather conditions.
- Carry out daily duties without direct supervision.
- Ability to trouble shoot situations and solve problems quickly.
- Must interact clearly and professionally with staff, supervisors, contractors and public.
- Ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Ability to work long and irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work the entire event including pre and post-game activities.
- Ability to walk, stand, for the entire event (5-7 hours)
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read, speak and comprehend English. Will collaborate effectively with others to produce results.
- Ability to hear, comprehend and disseminate instructions and vital information especially in the event of emergencies. Will maintain a positive attitude under pressure.
- Must be able to lift, carry and transport large boxes and items in excess of 25 pounds.
- Knowledge of Operating John Deere Zero Turn Mower
- Knowledge of Operating Kubota RTV / John Deere Gator
- Knowledge of Operating John Deere Bunker Rake for Dragging Fields
- Knowledge of Operating Push Mower / String Trimmers / Blowers / Edgers
- Knowledge of General Baseball and Softball Field Maintenance (Mound / Home plate Repairs)
- Knowledge of General Synthetic Turf Care (Grooming)