The LA Galaxy Youth Programs Coach will exemplify professionalism and quality soccer training for the Programs Department. Providing a platform for children to motivate and encourage development in soccer. Programs to include but not limited to camps, clinics, tournaments, and talent identification. The Youth Programs Coach will also be in charge of building positive relationships with the community and portray a positive image of the LA Galaxy.
- Provide a well-organized, fun, safe, and disciplined practice environment.
- Execute enthusiasm with all participants, engaging them in a motivating and encouraging manner through positive reinforcement.
- Maintain LA Galaxy issued gear well-kept and presentable to wear at clinics.
- Assist in the set-up and break-down of camp events.
- Proactive, highly organized, and resourceful with great attention to detail and ability to communicate effectively with event organizers and administration regarding potential areas of concern.
- Follow the LA Galaxy Programs Coach Guidelines during the scheduled programs.
- Provide detailed report to event organizer of any major incident relating to an individual that may result in needing hospital care and log incident using adequate documentation.
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency (BA/BS Degree Preferred)
- A minimum of 0-2 years of related work experience in a similar prior experience in this field of practice at either high school or college level.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and some holidays to allow commitment to LA Galaxy Programs.
- Ability to think critically and make independent decisions regarding the assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and return to play decisions per state licensure guidelines.
- Ability to communicate effectively in high stress/pressure situation when talking to patients, medical professionals, staff and families.
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to stand, walk, or run consistently for a minimum of 4-6 hours.