No Longer Accepting Applications
Charlottesville, VA, USA
The Assistant Director of Event Management provides event management for the Department of Athletics in an effort to achieve operational excellence. The Department of Athletics Facilities and Game Operations office provides exceptional customer service by assisting sport programs, partnering with event services vendors, and managing revenue-generating public events in an effort to ensure the fans, alumni, and general public have an exceptional event experience.
This position will manage and direct all facets of Division I Athletics event management, including planning, preparation, and facilitation for regular season and postseason competition for assigned sports.
- Training and overseeing event staff;
- Logistical arrangements for set-up and breakdown of equipment necessary for events;
- Organizing housekeeping and maintenance of areas affected by events;
- Assigning timers/scorers for events;
- Overseeing activities related to hosting NCAA/ACC championship;
- Communicating with University support units for event support (police, parking & transportation, medical, fire safety, etc.);
- Coordinating and scheduling facility maintenance;
- Development and oversight of assigned budgets;
- Preparing reports as directed;
- Identifying facility maintenance needs and coordinating services/work requests by working with Athletics Maintenance, vendors, and Facilities Management for assigned facilities;
- Completing regular walk-throughs of facilities;
- Preparing summary documents to share with leadership as directed; and
- Assisting with planning of camps/clinics/outside rentals.
- Event management experience in collegiate athletics or professional sports.
- Experience in a business-related field.
- Experience coordinating sporting events.
- Working knowledge of department practices, procedures, and policies.
- Customer service experience.
- Experience training and managing event staff.
- Financial management skills.
- Experience in facility operations/maintenance.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel.