No Longer Accepting Applications
Canaan, Ontario, Canada
- Work with senior leadership to develop and implement national membership strategies for growth regarding national membership
- Promote and aid in the implementation of the MMS and Verification Program to PTSOs, local basketball organizations, & other stakeholders with the directive to improve alignment through best practices and organizational standards
- Act as the primary liaison between the MMS administrators at the PTSO level and the MMS vendor organization
- Develop, organize, and update user manuals and other communication tools on the MMS system
- Provide support for, and be a resource to clubs, associations, and other basketball organizations on matters related to safe sport and other organizational best practices
- Monitor the progress of clubs and associations as they work towards becoming CB Verified and adhering to requirements in the areas of Safe Sport & EDI, Technical Skills, and Governance & Administration
- Provide top level customer service and user support to PTSO staff and other basketball stakeholders, both internal/external, on the use of the MMS for registration, rostering, scheduling, officials assigning, websites, and more
- Manage, update, and maintain the membership database, including overseeing all data entry, imports & exports, cleanup, and tracking
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve user experience, program operations, and reduce inefficiencies
- Compile, analyze, and provide reports on membership numbers, composition, and trends
- Assist with research and information gathering regarding best practices and additional information that would benefit the MMS and Verification Program
- Assist in the execution and fulfillment of deliverables as part of CB sponsors’ requirements
- Other duties as required.
- A good understanding of the Canadian basketball landscape (i.e. experience working at the local, provincial, or national level)
- Bilingual (French) a strong asset.
- Background in sport/business management, and/or software/system management and administration.
- Post-secondary education required; preferably related to sport/business management, and/or software/system management and administration.
- Knowledge of the Canadian sport system, the NCCP/NOCP and the provincial/territorial/national basketball environments.
- Experience adhering to quick timelines and creating/reviewing/editing documentation.
- Superior organizational, analytical, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and remain detail oriented, work independently, maintain tight schedules, and prioritize effectively in a dynamic and service-oriented team environment.
- Detail oriented with strong administrative and computer skills, utilizing communication systems & platforms.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with not-for-profit organizations is an asset.