No Longer Accepting Applications
Akron, OH, USA
The Akron RubberDucks (Double-A Affiliate of the Cleveland Guardians) is searching for a Coordinator, Premium Experience for their operation. This full-time position will jointly oversee event hospitality during Akron RubberDucks home games and will also assist in event execution during non-game days. This position will report directly to the Assistant General Manager / Vice President, Premium Experience as well as the Director, Corporate Partnerships & Special Events.
- Oversees the hospitality experience on the National Interstate Insurance Suite Level and the Duck Club by Firestone at Canal Park.
- Work with food and beverage (F&B) team to develop Suites Catering and Special Events menus.
- Train new staff and retrain returning staff on point-of-sale system.
- Responsible for scheduling Suite Servers and other front of house staff as needed.
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness, repair, and maintenance of the National Interstate Insurance Suite Level.
- Work directly with F&B team to assist with ordering, receiving, and inventory of all products.
- Establish and maintain positive client and vendor relationships.
- Seek, negotiate, and establish contracts with new and repeat businesses by conducting sales calls, networking, and attending events throughout the city and surrounding areas.
- Develop an extensive network of contacts, both internal and external, to facilitate event coordination.
- Analyze event requirements, facility availability, requested services, and cost to deliver events that exceed client’s expectations.
- Generate all correspondence to clients, including proposal letters, financial terms, catering contracts, payment arrangements, and thank-you letters for events.
- Coordinates site inspections of facilities by clients in conjunction with Director, Corporate Partnerships & Special Events.
- Work with Director, Corporate Partnerships & Special Events to determine and secure staff and to give guidance to the staff involved in event execution.
- Work with Director, Corporate Partnerships & Special Events to provide detailed event analysis to support, maintain and/or improve company goals and guest satisfaction.
- Manage Event Calendar, in conjunction with Director, Corporate Partnerships & Special Events, for non-RubberDucks game stadium events.
- Comply with all State and City Licensing Authorities.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
- Have fun!
- At least two years of related hospitality experience is preferred with a proven success in a high-volume food and beverage operation.
- Skilled at developing and creating dining experiences that drive customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Proven customer service focus with the ability to work collaboratively with other staff members on property.
- Well organized and detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- BA/BS Degree in Hospitality, Restaurant, Food Service Management, or related major is preferred.