Oakland, CA, USA
The Golden State Warriors are looking for hardworking and reliable Floor Coaches to provide high quality instruction geared towards skill development in an engaging and positive environment. This position will assist members in the facility through basketball coaching and training, as well as front-line customer service responsibilities. The goal of this position is to coach and motivate members while also teaching skill development.
In this role, you will demonstrate our core values to our members – specifically that of connectivity. Coaches serve as role models and examples and are expected to build lasting and impactful relationships with guests through the positive and memorable experiences of being trained at our facility. In addition, you should strive to provide excellence in any coaching and training they do, and ultimately have the athlete’s success in mind.
This is a part-time position based onsite in Oakland, CA.
- Assist members in skill development including but not limited to footwork and body control, ball handling, passing, rebounding, driving, finishing, screening, and shooting
- Assist members in running the equipment in the facility, and providing guidance on the appropriate settings for their skill level
- Assist in conducting member skill development classes
- Answer routine phone calls about the facility such as inquiries about the types of services offered, scheduling requests, and general customer service issues
- Assist clients wishing to schedule court reservations while they are in the facility
- Perform point of sale transactions for memberships, apparel, training lessons, and all other items
- Present and sell memberships/bundles through ‘New Shooter’ evaluations for potential new members - a comprehensive tour of our facilities and detailed description of our programs
- Expand, enhance, and sustain relationships with client base
- Assist Basketball Camps team with clinics as needed
- Assist in overall cleanliness and maintenance of the facility
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 6 months of customer service experience
- 1 year coaching experience preferred
- CPR/AED certification is highly recommended
- Strong understanding and knowledge of the principles of basketball training and proper technique