Toronto, ON, Canada
As GWN continues to grow our portfolio of events, we are looking for an experienced and energetic Event Technician to join our team who will be on the front line producing our events. The environment is fun, fast-paced and highly rewarding.
The core responsibility of this position is to work with the President of Operations to ensure the continued smooth operation of our equipment. This will include equipment maintenance and repair, delivery, installation, and set-up and tear down of equipment.
You must be comfortable driving a pickup truck with a trailer. A full G license is required. Extensive summer travel required.
If you are a self-starter, results oriented, well organized and sweat the small details then this is the job for you.
- Ensure all equipment is in working order and perform repairs at the warehouse and on the road.
- Assist with loading and unloading equipment at the warehouse.
- Delivery, set-up and tear-down of equipment at the events.
- Develop strong relationships amongst fellow staff and clients on-site to ensure the smooth logistical execution of events.
- Look at external best practices to ensure events have continued success.
- Positively impact the growth and develop of GWN as whole.
- Exhibits strong mechanical skills with a minimum of two years of technical experience.
- Exhibits a strong work-ethic, personable and adaptable.
- Strong communication skills and experience dealing with clients.
- Ability to work effectively and calmly under pressure/stressful conditions and to meet multiple and competing deadlines.
- Ability to lift and carry 40 lbs.
- Must have a “G” class driver’s license.
- Ability to travel within Canada and the United States (<40% of the time).
- This role involves long hours and weekend work.