Board Director Equestrian Canada [Volunteer Position]
No Longer Accepting Applications
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Nominations – Nomination of an individual for election as a Director shall be submitted to the Nominating Committee in accordance with Equestrian Canada’s nomination policies, procedures and timelines, and shall include a written confirmation by the candidate expressing a willingness to stand for office and a detailed profile of the nominee.
Please note that candidate applications will remain confidential and will be destroyed after the election results are confirmed.
Candidate Application Package
Candidate Application Packages must include the following items to be considered by the Nominating Committee:
- Letter of Interest (maximum one page – 500 words) including why you would like to serve on the EC Board along with the skills and value you feel you would bring to the Board and organization;
- CV (maximum five (5) pages) must include contact information, education, work experience, volunteer/community service experience, language, technical and soft skills; CVs will be publicly circulated to the Nominating Committee and, if selected as a successful candidate during the election process, it will be presented to the Category Members at the voting stage; therefore, please consider personal/confidential information within your CV before submitting with your Candidate Application Package;
- Complete Skill Matrix – upon submission of your director application package (Letter of Interest, CV, Nomination & Acceptance Form) you will receive a skill matrix via email. The skill matrix lists many of the skills that are assets when serving as a director. Please self-evaluate yourself with the skill matrix and return the completed matrix to [email protected].
- Completed and Signed Director Nomination and Acceptance Form;
- Social Media Profiles (optional)
Current Directors can be eligible for re-election, but no Director may serve for more than six (6) consecutive years. After serving six (6) consecutive years as a Director, an individual may be elected or appointed to serve another term after an absence of at least nine (9) months from the date he or she last served as a Director.
You should be prepared to devote approximately 20 hours monthly to the Board, including monthly tele/video conference meetings, potentially one face-to-face board meeting, committee work and other duties. If elected, attendance at the board meetings has to be set as a personal priority and engaged participation in committee work is critical for the success of EC. Please review the EC Bylaws, Governance Manual and Code of Conduct and Ethics to become familiar with both the EC governance and operations when applying.