Assistant, Promotions (Marketing) Summer contract
No Longer Accepting Applications
Ottawa, ON, Canada
- Coordinate all media partner on-site activations.
- Perform day-to-day administrative support related to marketing and promotions.
- Work closely with the corporate partnerships team and associated partners leading up to and during the event to develop a plan to ensure all activation sponsor needs are met.
- Assist with the management of all on site promotions.
- Assist with event day operations – layouts, min-by-min / scheduling, audio/VB for promotions, ceremonies, show fulfilment.
- Distribute promotional material (posters, brochures, etc.) to clubs and camps within the GTA.
- Develop a promotions binder that tracks all promotions information.
- Develop promotional binder with critical paths and action plans for each promotional activity.
- Work with Ops to coordinate all daily signage needs for promotion activations.
- Assist with the management and maintenance of the promotions area.
- Support the marketing and operations teams with implementation of the promotions committee volunteer program.
- Coordinate all equipment/power/storage/ needs, etc.
- Coordinate set-up and dismantle of all on-site promotions.
- Assist with any pre-event/off site promotions.
- Coordinate various programming suppliers including but not limited to musicians, entertainment, coaches, etc.
- Coordinate Employee Days as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree, business, or marketing focus (preferred).
- 1-2 years of experience in a marketing and/or in an event management role.
- Highly motivated and a team player.
- Creative thinking and high level of adaptability and prioritization.
- Strong organizational, time-management and project-management skills.
- Ability to work wit a team as well as independently, ability to take initiative.
- Possess leadership skills and a strong desire to meet and exceed expectations.
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Passionate and self-motivated with a winning and positive attitude.
- The flexibility to work as required within the time commitment requirements necessary for special events.
- French is an asset.