Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Intern – Summer 2023
Pacers Sports & Entertainment
No Longer Accepting Applications
Indianapolis, IN, USA
Pacers Sports & Entertainment is seeking a Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Intern to join our team this summer. During this 10–12-week experience, the intern will work under the supervision of the SVP of DEI and assist with pre-planning and implementation of select DEI programs, assists with various projects, in addition to research and analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with planning, and implementation of DEI initiatives by supporting the analysis of data, streamlining processes, and generating reports.
- Support management and implementation of DEI programs/projects.
- Assist with development and organization of DEI learning resources and support tools for employees.
- Research best practices, new approaches, training, policies, and procedures that have potential to positively impact organizational efforts.
- Provide administrative support for events, meetings, and DEI calendar
- Research and provide recommendations on resources for building and retaining diverse talent.
- Assist with employee engagement activities including designated community engagement activities.
- Participate in all internship activities and events scheduled.
- Support additional special projects as directed.
- Enrolled in a bachelor’s degree or graduate program in relevant major. Only incoming seniors or graduate students will be considered.
- Familiarity with diversity, equity, and inclusion models or change theory.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills.
- Highly detail-oriented and able to work autonomously.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Eager and willing to learn.
- Detailed oriented and enjoys working with people.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.