INTERNSHIP (Summer 2023): Corporate Communications
Monumental Sports & Entertainment
No Longer Accepting Applications
Arlington, VA, USA
The Capitals Corporate Communications Intern is responsible for supporting the day-to-day duties of the Washington Capitals communications department, with a focus on off-ice publicity. This is a paid internship.
Are you interested in sports media relations? We'd love to hear from you!
- Collaborate with communications staff members on planning and content for W magazine, the Capitals annual lifestyle publication.
- Monitor daily media coverage and compile daily media clips.
- Assist in the planning of media initiatives and events.
- Aid in writing press releases and additional editorial content related to off-ice initiatives.
- Assist in producing media materials and templates including graphics and fact sheets.
- Research and identify historic materials and content to highlight in honor of the team’s 50th Anniversary Season.
- Shadow and provide support during media opportunities, community public relations appearances, live shots and other events.
- Help research and build media lists of non-sports contacts and media influencers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a current undergraduate or graduate student.
- Ability to learn quickly and motivation to self-teach.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Organized, thorough, and detail driven.
- Basic level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Positive approach and strong team spirit.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Reliable transportation and housing.