Security Supervisor – Comerica Park
No Longer Accepting Applications
Detroit, MI, USA
The Security Supervisor works primarily after normal business hours and assists the Security Director to ensure the safety and welfare of all colleagues and guests inside Comerica Park, including the physical contents of the venue. The Security Supervisor also provides direct supervision to the 24/7 Security Representatives and performs other duties and responsibilities as delegated that contribute to the overall security posture of Comerica Park.
During an assigned shift, Security Supervisors may have to perform one or more of the following:
- Supervise and assist with maintaining good order and discipline with assigned Security Representatives. This includes conducting briefings or debriefings with assigned Security Representatives and ensuring Security Representatives are at their assigned posts and are performing their assigned duties.
- Ensure Security Representatives are properly attired and enforce grooming and appearance standards.
- Respond to alarms, disturbances, or other incidents occurring inside Comerica Park, or within the operational area of the venue, to support Security Representatives or to provide supervision as needed.
- Supervise, and assist when necessary, with the operation of the access and intrusion control system.
- Supervise, and assist when necessary, with the operation of the fire control system (basic operation and response).
- Supervise, and assist when necessary, with the operation of the credentialing system.
- Supervise, and assist when necessary, with the operation of the CCTV, burglary, and other alarm systems.
- Prevent, deter, and deny the opportunity for unlawful or unauthorized activities to occur in or around Comerica Park.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of the certification process of the Department of Homeland Security SAFETY Act.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of policies and procedures relevant to the security operations of Comerica Park.
- Assist in the initial and refresher training of Security Representatives or other identified personnel.
- Write an accurate incident report by recording and communicating information, observations, and occurrences in writing (electronic format) so others will understand. Interview witnesses and other persons relevant to a specific incident and attach photographs and other documents to reports as necessary.
- Notify security management and/or proper authorities as situations dictate.
- Contribute to the overall security effort by accomplishing other related tasks as needed.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Current or previous experience in the fields of law enforcement, fire service, medical service, security, or military is preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience in a public safety, military, or security environment.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective security operations for the protection of colleagues and guests.
- Strong computer abilities and experience in Microsoft Office software.
- The ability to learn and use advanced and emerging technology in order to promote security operations and the overall security posture of Comerica Park.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively in English, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- The ability to read, understand and follow written instructions, and understand and comprehend verbal instructions.
- Strong problem-solving, mediation, and coaching skills.